Team Parents, Snack Bar, Ongoing Maintenance Projects, Field Pre-Game Set-up (immediately before games), Opening Day and Mid-Season BBQ.
CALLING ALL TEAM PARENTS~! Be a Whitney LL Team Parent
Roles and Responsibilities Before the Season starts – Opening Day
- Assist coaches and the league to communicate with the team using email, text, phone calls, or the team website.
- Ordering team banner (optional). Banner should be ready for opening day and can be included in team pictures. Banners may be ordered from any company or homemade.
- Coordinate team volunteer shifts (Snack Bar, Field Set Up and Clean Up, Banner, etc.)
- Snack Bar Shifts – Snack Bar Coordinator – Tracy Hewitt
- Field Maintenance volunteers – please recruit and assign for each game. This will help the managers and coaches with field set up.
- Scorekeeper (for Minor A and Majors) – Recruit and assign volunteers. The HOME team is the official scorekeeper.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts. Fundraising is encouraged as it helps the league. By participating in fundraising you are helping keep enrollment costs down for the next season.
- Provide assistance to the Coaches as needed.
- Support Opening Day, gather your team for pictures, distribute Meal Vouchers to each player. (this year we are not having
- Organize a year-end party. The cost of this is divided among the players on the team.
- Order trophies for the end of the year party, if desired by the team. The cost of this is divided among the players on the team.
- WLL allows each team (regardless of team size) $100 toward trophies/ coach plaques /medallions, etc. purchased at Wilson Trophy.
- Collect money from parents for any team expenses and this is determined by the team parent. It can be helpful to an invoice to each family that details all costs. Please work with coaches to keep team costs as low as possible.
Things to do AFTER Opening Day
- If not done already, Assign Snack Bar Shifts and provide the assigned list to the snack bar manager, Tracy Hewitt.
- If not done already, create Team Budget, advise parents and start collecting money.
- Set end of season party date and get it on your team calendar. You choose a location, (choose a restaurant or players homes), or have your party at the field (snack bar can help with food if you would like).
- Prepare or start collecting a donation for the Mid-Season BBQ derby silent auction basket. Each team is asked to create a themed basket. Please deliver the basket by 8am 4/29 to the snack bar area. Email Ella Tomlin by Friday morning prior to event to let them know what your basket theme and value is. This helps us prepare the needed space for each item. (sample ideas will be provided as requested).
- Communicate with parents about Mid-Season BBQ, schedule, activities bounce house, face painter, DJ party, special food at snack bar.
- Promote and communicate information about the Baseball Youth Day, May 7th at the Sacramento River Cats. Each player receives a free ticket. We want to encourage teams and their families to attend this event.